Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Unique Container Gardening Ideas

Oh how I love Gardening!!  Thankfully,  I also have a green thumb. I have searched the web and found so many wonderful ways to contain your beautiful growing creations.  I have even built from scratch a long box planter that I use on my small covered condo patio.  I used hook and eye hardware to suspend the box and then just chained it from the rafter like you would a swing.
The little bird feeder is old and used to belong to my mother.  I treasure it and love to watch the birds.  The little birdhouse I made from fencing lumber from the hardware store.  I titled it "The Condo".  I used pebbles to decorate the front.
My petunia's in the wheelbarrow are being munched on by slugs!  EEEEK!


This is an old picture, I have had to cut back the ivy and the petunia's and sage have since flourished.
Let's look at what I found on the web of some beautiful containers and some unique ideas that I will most definitely incorporate.






The photos found on the web from A Frugal Life, Laguna Dirt, Home Design, Colorbok, Daves Garden and Martha Stewart.com and of course...me.  I most definitely will be using the metal cans painted, and then the ones covered in paper then decoupaged......what a great way to recycle!  Thanks Martha and Colorbok!
I found a recipe for a bug killer and pest deterrent at A Frugal Life. Grate 2 lemons and 2 oranges, Add them along with the rest of the fruit into a pot with 3 cups of water, boil then remove from heat and let steep overnight.  Strain and pour into spray bottle.  I will let you know if it works to get rid of the slug problem in my wheelbarrow.
We all know that the sweet little Lady Bug gets rid of a lot of pests...namely one that gives me a problem later in the summer, the Aphid!
Have a great Monday an I will see you back for more Creative Ideas.
Patty



2 comments :

  1. Did your citrus "pest" punch work, Patty? I have a terrible problem with slugs eating my hosta plants.

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz...it did! surprisingly...they also. Try it and let me know what results you get. do not like sharp things around your plants. You can scatter Epsom Salts..the big granules around your plants and they will stay away.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting me today. I love hearing from you and appreciate you stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...